Meknes, with its rich history and vibrant culinary scene, offers cooking classes that allow visitors to immerse themselves in the flavors and techniques of Moroccan cuisine. Here are some options for cooking classes in Meknes:
- Riad Yacout: Riad Yacout is a renowned riad in Meknes that offers cooking classes for guests. Led by experienced Moroccan chefs, the classes provide a hands-on experience where you’ll learn to prepare traditional Moroccan dishes, including tagines, couscous, and pastries. Participants also have the opportunity to visit local markets to select fresh ingredients.
- Palais Didi: Palais Didi is a beautiful guesthouse in Meknes that offers cooking classes to visitors. Led by local cooks, the classes introduce participants to the techniques and flavors of Moroccan cuisine. You’ll learn to prepare authentic dishes using locally sourced ingredients and traditional methods. The classes are followed by a meal where you can savor your creations.
- Dar Zidane: Dar Zidane is a charming guesthouse in the heart of Meknes that offers cooking classes for guests. Led by skilled chefs, the classes provide hands-on instruction on preparing traditional Moroccan dishes. You’ll learn about the use of spices, the art of making tagines, and other culinary secrets. After the class, you can enjoy a delicious meal featuring your creations.
- Ryad Bahia: Ryad Bahia is a riad located in the historic medina of Meknes that offers cooking classes for visitors. Led by experienced Moroccan chefs, the classes take you on a culinary journey, teaching you how to prepare authentic Moroccan dishes step by step. From classic tagines to flavorful couscous, you’ll gain insight into the flavors and techniques that make Moroccan cuisine unique.
- Dar Zerhoune: Dar Zerhoune is a traditional riad in Meknes that offers cooking classes for guests. Led by local cooks, the classes provide hands-on experience in creating traditional Moroccan dishes. You’ll learn about the essential spices, the art of Moroccan bread-making, and the secrets behind delicious Moroccan salads and pastries.