In Marrakech, there are several options for cooking classes where you can learn to prepare authentic Moroccan dishes. Here are a few renowned cooking classes in Marrakech:
- La Maison Arabe: La Maison Arabe is a prestigious riad hotel in Marrakech that offers renowned cooking classes. Led by experienced chefs, the classes take place in a traditional Moroccan kitchen. Participants visit a local market to select fresh ingredients before learning to prepare traditional dishes like tagine, couscous, and Moroccan salads.
- Amal Women’s Training Center and Moroccan Restaurant: Amal is a non-profit organization that empowers disadvantaged women by providing them with culinary training. Their cooking classes offer a unique opportunity to learn traditional Moroccan recipes while supporting a worthy cause. You’ll learn to make a full Moroccan meal, and all proceeds from the classes go towards supporting the women’s training center.
- Maison de la Photographie: Maison de la Photographie is a museum in Marrakech that also offers cooking classes. Led by local chefs, the classes focus on traditional Moroccan cuisine and provide insight into the history and culture behind the dishes. Participants have the opportunity to learn recipes, techniques, and presentation styles while enjoying a hands-on cooking experience.
- Souk Cuisine: Souk Cuisine offers cooking classes in the heart of the Medina. Led by local chefs, these classes give you a chance to explore the vibrant spice markets and select fresh ingredients for your cooking. You’ll learn to prepare traditional Moroccan dishes and gain insights into the culinary heritage of the country.
- Le Jardin Secret: Le Jardin Secret is a beautiful garden in Marrakech that also offers cooking classes. The classes take place in their charming courtyard kitchen and focus on Moroccan cuisine. You’ll learn to create a variety of dishes, including tagines, couscous, and Moroccan salads